Sea shell mirrors which are made entirely from shellfish that are locally harvested from the waters.
The "Bay Scallop" is caught locally and harvested during the fall and winter months. After having commercially fished for more than 50 years, the shells quickly began to have a different appeal.
In 2010, while catching and opening bay scallops, it occurred to me that the profound beauty of the shellfisherman's world was worth displaying to others.
Instead of going to the dump, I saved a few shells during the holidays, spent a considerable amount of time cleaning them, and along with my two granddaughters, made a wreath for their grandmother.
Everyone thought it was beautiful and thus, the successful artisan industry named "Chatham Coastal Creations" was born.
In 2017, Nick found a use for the normally discarded sea scallop shell. These silhouettes are cut out with a water laser jet. Thought they would make a nice local gift to take home. Hope you enjoy!
- Ornamental Sea Scallop Shell With Anchor Design Cut Out
- Ornamental Sea Scallop Shell With Cape Cod Design Cut Out
- Ornamental Sea Scallop Shell With Mermaid Design Cut Out
- Ornamental Sea Scallop Shell With Shark Design Cut Out
- Ornamental Sea Scallop Shell With Whale Tail Design Cut Out